The Dickinson Square West Clean & Green Committee meets with other committees the FIRST TUESDAY OF EVERY MONTH! 7pm at Mt. Moriah Church (410 Wharton Street).
Below are some of the things we are working on:
Help support and develop Community Gardens. Help drive volunteers, help them expand, help get word out, etc.
Create a Neighborhood Map to locate Gardens; parks; etc.
Create a Green Phone book.
- Work with existing park groups to improve neighborhood parks: Tree Tenders, Passyunk Pruners, etc.
- Fight Litter!
- Organize community clean ups
- Investigate street cleaning services
- Increase recycling rates: distribute bins, clarify what can be recycled
- Plant, prune and care for trees
- Improve loading areas, short dumping locations, dumpster laws
- Protect the our storm sewers /grates so people do not drop litter in them